Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen Dan Espen is offline

Default Another suggestion re spam

(Doug Miller) writes:

In article , Gary H wrote:
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 14:54:17 -0400, LouB wrote:

A suggestion:

If you have a little time open each spam and view the header.
Actually just open it and then click *Forward* You should see the whole
header.
If the X-Abuse line shows
then *Forward* the
whole damn thing to
.
Just copy
and then use Ctrl V to paste it into
the To

Maybe if a lot of us keep at it the folks at google will:
1. Get the message
2. Get tired of being flooded with complaints
3. DO SOMETHING

In other words, react to a problem (usenet abuse) by CREATING MORE OF
IT.

Ummmm.... no. Read it again. He said to *forward* it to Google's abuse
account. That's an *email* complaint directly to Google.

Which is a fine idea, except for one tiny problem: Google doesn't care, and
won't do a damn thing about it. Easier to just killfile all GoogleGroups
traffic.

Yes. There is a "report abuse" link right on Google.
I did my part and reported plenty of spam.
Never made the slightest difference.