Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stryped stryped is offline

Default Rear fold down ramp for trailer. (Is solid ok?)

On Apr 22, 1:28*pm, Ignoramus4930
On 2008-04-22, stryped wrote:

You don't happen to have a big patio under a big oak tree do you? •£ÄThen
you could use a chain fall or come-a-long to lift it and flip it when
needed plus you'd have a fairly smooth surface to lay it out on. •£ÄYou're
going to get real tired real quick of having to move it out of the
garage so your wife can park the care in "your workshop"! •£Ä;-)

I did it right in my garage using a chain hoist and block. I have pix
of that process here

•£Ä •£Ähttp://igor.chudov.com/projects/Home...105A2-Bed/07-T...

It was scary, but we tried to be safe (my father in law was helping).

The tree method requires very solid branches...

Hey there,

Why did you install angle over the frame and mount your axle mount on
that? for strength? Is there angle all the way around that area?

I wanted to distribute the stress from mounts, in case if I hit a bump
or something. The angle is for distributing that stress across a
larger area.

Did you have problems cutting the correct angle for the "A" frame?

No problems, I used an abrasive saw. One angle was slightly wrong and
I had to cut off one extra tiny bit. I am not any kind of an expert on
"pipefitting" or anything of the sort. It was easy, as I marked the
cuts by placing the 4x2 right above where it would eventually go, and
used the frame sort of as a ruler.

What about having everythign square with the "through" design?

I do not understand. Sorry/

--
* *Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their inattention
* * * to spammers, I and many others block all articles originating

I meant the center tube I am assuming you had to cut the front of the
ptrailer into two piecs so you can weld it to the center tube. Was it
hard to get everythign lined up and square?