Silvan

Default [Questions]: Beginning woodworker needs some advice

stormwolf wrote:

projects? What kind of problems might I encounter? The 2 that
spring right to mind are maybe noise complaints by neighbours and
cleaning the area. Any suggestions on this?

I worked in my kitchen for years. The advice you already have is good, so I
won't bother to go through the litany of how/when I bought what.

I built a rather massive 10' x 6' x 1' plant stand in my kitchen using a
miter box, jig saw, electric drill and random-orbit sander. Don't let a
small shop get you down. DO buy a Shop Vac.

I built a lot of shadow box thingies too. I have one shaped like a house,
and one shaped like a mushroom. Just plywood and 1x2s with some kind of
thin something for the shelves.

I have to say that I was looking at one of those just the other day and
thinking how few projects I've done with all my fancy power tools can match
the beauty of some little thing I built with a few tools and a lot of love
in my old kitchen.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
Confirmed post number: 16708 Approximate word count: 501240