Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default gas prices, was Rear fold down ramp for trailer. (Is solid ok?)

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 23:58:32 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

If I get a Motorcycle again, I'll be a whole lot less picky. I
figured out last time, it wasn't worth the effort to save a few cents
on a fill up of at most two gallons.

It still hurts like hell when a $10 spot won't fill it up...

First road bike was a 1976 Honda 550-4cyl ~34 mpg. The
second one was a 1978 Honda 550-4cyl ~38 mpg. My current
bike is a 1986 Honda Magna VF700C. It will get 48 mpg if I
just pussy-foot around with it. Pull out on the highway and
crank it up to 70 mph and it will get ~43 mpg.

You would be better off getting a Toyota Yaris if you want
good gas mileage. At least you can still use that during the
winter...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b