Frank Mutchler

Default table saw: Grizzly cabinet vs Delta contractor's

Bob, it sounds like you and I have a similar setup. I have a left tilt
Shop Fox, classic fence, and an Exaktor sliding table. I have cut a lot of
plywood as well as hardwoods using a WWII blade. I don't know how any saw
could perform significantly better than this one does. I use it every day,
fairly hard, and it just keeps on ticking.

"Bob Lewis" wrote in message
Bob,

This is a common thread.

The cabinet saw is superior: II has all the power you would ever need. The
trunnions used for tilting and raising the blade are separate, lockable,
smoother and hold their settings.

The Shop Fox "classic" or "standard" fence work well. There may be
advantages to a unifence or Beis, but I don't know what they are.

As for mobility, either type of saw is a handful. I own the Grizzly 1023S
with a sliding table (~550 pounds) which resides on a Shop Fox mobile

base.
My shop floor is very uneven. Even so, I move the saw around with ease.

I would certainly not trade the 1023 for a contractors saw.
:

Would you prefer to own a Delta or Jet contractor's saw, or a Grizzly
cabinet saw? Why?

Many thanks to any who reply.