Posted to sci.electronics.repair
eganders eganders is offline

Default RCA projection TV Problem

On Apr 21, 7:37*pm, eganders wrote:
My RCA rear projection TV has worked well after help from you TV
service people in January, 2005. *It has
a chassis number of PTK195AC and is model P60812BL

At that time I found that the surface of the PC boards had some of the
coolent and other debris which I cleaned and that fixed the problem.

Coming home from vacation today, the main fuse from the AC input
failed. *Upon replacing it, the convergence is all messed up. *I went
into the service mode using the front panel as the service manual
describes, I can't seem to get the grid pattern that I got back in
2005. *Can anyone tell me

1. *What typically goes wrong when the main fuse blows and the picture
goes out of adjustment

2. *How do you get into the built-in geometric alignment grid pattern?

I am into the service mode, but it does not seem to have any pattern
except the Pfor parameter) and V (for parameter value): *on the
screen.

I would like to nurse this TV along for a while. *It has given good
service and I have no reason to replace it other than the present
problem. *I really don't want to get into it deeply. *For example, I
would prefer NOT to get a chipper checker or have to hook an
oscilloscope to it.

sci.electronics.repair

Here is a photo of what the convergence problem looks like

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ce100_1203.jpg