Posted to alt.home.repair
bear bear is offline

Default how do you suggest cutting a round hole in existing ceramic floortile

On Apr 21, 1:21*pm, willshak wrote:
on 4/21/2008 10:40 AM bear said the following: I'm in need of a six inch round hole in ceramic floor tile for a cook
top vent system. It is under a cabinet so neatness or exactness is not
critical. I only have one to do so would rather not invest a lot into
it.

Is the dry diamond wheel on a grinder the best way to go or are there
better suggestions?

Thanks for your input.

Ted

One of the ads for the Rotozip saw has it cutting a hole in wall tile.
Perhaps it will work on *floor tile as well.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Hey thanks to all for the great suggestions. I bought the 4 inch
diamond blade for a grinder but the idea of drilling holes interests
me. I may just try that first as the diamond wheel can always be
returned.

I thought about trying to use a chisel and break it but the hole must
cross two 13” tile and although it will be hidden by the cabinet, it
is within about 4” of the cabinet edge and I worry about cracking the
tile where it is exposed.

Bill, I have a rotorzip with the bit for tile but it is not
recommended for floor tile. I tried it but came to the conclusion that
at my age I would be gone before the hole was finished.

Again, thanks to all for the suggestions.

Ted