Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Suggestion on New Washer

On Apr 21, 9:49*am, wrote:
Hello,

* * *I thought I would post this here as most people would know what
washers have the most problems. I'm looking to replace our horrible
Maytag Atlantis Washer MAV7504EWW since it has torn through the
majority of our clothes and leaves a lot of lint on them coming out of
the wash. This washing machine was prior to the acquisition from
Whirlpool

* * *I was looking at the Whirlpool WTW5500 which seems that it may do
the job, but after talking with a rep I'm not sure if this is the
model that I want. I'm looking for a washer where the hot cycle will
take exactly that hot water and not mix it with cold. The only model
that Whirlpool has is the front loaders which have the sanitary cycle.
I want to avoid front loaders as I have read problematic issues with
them and want to avoid as may problems down the road as possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to purchase or should I
stick with this model? The other option is to turn the cold water off
for the first cycle but that means I have to be around after the first
cycle is finished to turn the cold water on for the second cycle.

Thanks in advance,
Nick

Your first line of defense against crappy products is Consumer
Reports. Have you checked it out yet?

Joe