Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Neville Robert Neville is offline

Default Suggestion on New Washer

wrote:

I'm looking for a washer where the hot cycle will
take exactly that hot water and not mix it with cold. The only model
that Whirlpool has is the front loaders which have the sanitary cycle.
I want to avoid front loaders as I have read problematic issues with
them and want to avoid as may problems down the road as possible.

You should know that all new washers have to meet the same energy and water use
requirements, which means that most new top loaders will do less well with
cleaning than a front loader. Especially a top loader with a standard
transmission...

I have a 6 month old GE front loader that will do either straight hot or add
additional heating ("sanitary cycle") that I've been pleased with.

http://www.geappliances.com/products...ons/frontload/