Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Rear fold down ramp for trailer. (Is solid ok?)

On Apr 20, 8:44*am, stryped wrote:
How would I flip it over once it is made to determin/weld the axle(s)?

Add a bolt or ball receiver or something in the center of the rear
crosspiece. You can use that and the tongue to lift it and rotate it
around its lengthwise axis. When you get stuck in some impossibly
tight place or hung up on a rock you can use a farm jack there to lift
and shove the trailer sideways to get out. My trailer weighs only 400
Lbs and I flip it upside down once a year to spray for rust and grease
the wheel bearings.

If you use a tree branch for lifting, run the rope further up over a
crotch in the main trunk and tie off to the base of that or another
tree. Then the force on the branch will be back toward the trunk
instead of downward and it will be much less likely to break. I've
put large stainless steel eyes and rope cleats in my most useful
trees.

Jim Wilkins