Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fergus O'Rourke Fergus O'Rourke is offline

Default Dishwasher not washing

Greg wrote:
Hi

Seem to have a bit of a problem with the top shelf of the dishwasher
which means that the dishes placed there do not get washed and the
ones below are only clean-ish. When I turn it on and open the door to
see what's happening it looks like I get a little burst of water from
the top outlet and then nothing else there, even if the bottom arm is
turning and spurting water(although I have not discounted the fact
that there is possibly a valve that alternates water between the top
and bottom arms).
Anyone any ideas on the issue and whether it is worth fixing, or
should I bite the bullet and get a new machine given the cost to
repair it?

I have a similar problem. On checking out the bottom arm, I discovered that
there were multiple small splits in the plastic. Presumably, this is
preventing the water from reaching the optimum pressure and thus failing to
reach the top properly.