Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] silenceseeker2003@yahoo.com is offline

Default Dishwasher Broken - Which part should I order?

On Apr 19, 11:24*am, "David L. Martel" wrote:
Sam,

* *What makes you think the problem is in that panel?

Because the green LED display started acting finicky a few months
before the START "button" (if one insists on calling this cheap
membrane a button) decided to quit. All other "buttons" on the panel
work - except for the START one. The START "button" is by far the most
frequently used "button". So it makes sense that it would die first.

On the other hand...

It should be easy
enough to short across the switch that you suspect, so if shorting makes the
dishwasher start, then replace the panel.. You'll probably need to turn off
the water and jumper the door switch to test the start switch

It is still possible that it is only the door switch - if this
machine's logic is such that START would refuse to show any sign of
being pressed if the door is open.

Either way, isn't the door switch part of the panel? Thus if I replace
the panel, I will surely solve the problem. I just hope that the
faulty component is not the circuit board... (which costs over $100).
At any rate, if the problem turns out to be elsewhere, I can return
the item to the vendor, since I always buy from vendors that have a
good return policy.

Thanks,
Sam