Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Gerald Ross[_2_] Gerald Ross[_2_] is offline

Default Ping Bill Noble

William Noble wrote:
Gerald - be absolutely sure you have a decent filter infront of that pump -
it doesn't take much dust or sawdust to ruin the soft carbon vanes - while I
can sell you a filter, and would be happy to do so, you can get one at sears
or maybe even a used tool place - any decent air line filter (not a pure
moisture trap) will do. I just finished cleaning out a pump that I had sold
that the recipient had clearly used without a filter - I don't think it
worked more than a few days - luckily the sawdust gummed it up and it
wouldn't start, otherwise it would have been completely destroyed. so for
everyone's attention - note, I am shouting this "ALWAYS USE A FILTER IN THE
VACUUM LINE BEFORE YOUR VACUUM PUMP" the filter built into the GAST vane
pumps is not enough, you need a separate filter.

bill N

Thanks, Bill. I have always used a good filter. Good advice.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Monday is a depressing way to spend