Mike G

Default HVLP Sprayer Selection

I own a CH 2500 system and a Fuji Q4 system. one cost under $200 the other
over $600 and I've been following reports from those that have bought the
Harbor Freight and Rockler under $100 units. All these units will give, when
you can use them properly (read that practice, practice, practice), a good
finish, even a perfect finish. Naturally I can't recommend the Fuji unit
highly enough and if you have the cash it's the way I would go..

If you are doing one or two projects a year that requires spraying and while
it is nice to own a top of the line unit it isn't necessary to spend a lot
of money. for an HVLP unit.to get the job done. As a matter of fact, if you
own a compressor a conventional gun will do just as well.

HVLP buys you a unit that is more efficient in it's use of materials and a
less messy spray job. Expensive units buy you longevity and some bells and
whistles. not necessarily a better finish.

In short, just about any unit on the market from under a hundred to over a
grand would probably meet your present requirements but none of them
provides a magic carpet ride to a perfect finish. You still have to work at
it.

--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods
"John King" wrote in message
I'm tired of brushing on 5 coats on 6 sides and spending more time

applying
finish than actually building the project.
So I'm thinking of getting into spraying and I'm looking at the Wagner

2600
, Wagner 2900, or Fuji Q3 HVLP sprayer systems. Other than a review in

Fine
Woodworking, I haven't been able to find much info on these systems.
I only get 1 or two major projects a year completed but they end up in the
bedroom & family room, so they need to look good.

Any opinions??
TIA,
John F. King