Posted to uk.d-i-y
George \(dicegeorge\) George \(dicegeorge\) is offline

Default skylights?

ive read that the blinds should be on the outside of the windows
because once the heat radiation is through the glass
it wont bounce back out...
but wont external blinds blow away in storms?

and are any of the expensive special glass treatments worth it?
triple glazing with some UV plastic film?

xxxxxxxx

What experience do the panel have of skylights?

A couple of years ago we converted the loft on our old house.

We put in two big south facing Velux windows and a fire escape velux.
We found that blinds were important in the summer! Plus, we could
open them to dump heat when it was very hot. Convection works!

Guy