Posted to alt.os.windows-xp,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.computer,sci.electronics.repair,24hoursupport.helpdesk
§ñühw¤£f[_2_] §ñühw¤£f[_2_] is offline

Default spontaneous PC power losses - HELP!

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 13:35:53 +1000
"Kadaitcha Man" wrote:

"Aratzio" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 13:26:03 +1000, in the land of alt.usenet.kooks,
"Kadaitcha Man" got double secret
probation for writing:

"Butch Haynes" butch@huntsville wrote in message
m...
wrote in message

I recently installed a DVD drive into my PC. (2 days ago.) Since then,
I get spontaneous power loss periodically - sometimes seconds after
booting, other times after hours of operation. I've tried replacing
the power supply, and I've tried removing all my hardware (other than
RAM), so I'm thinking it must be motherboard related.

Unplug/replug all power and data connections. That way, the errant loose
one will be fixed and your problem will be resolved.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Tech support by feng shui.

"I've tried removing all my hardware(other than RAM)"

Do none of them understand what that entails?

None of them understand anything.

I go toetally on into-ition.
Just do what feels good for a few hours...take out a few cables...fondle them...blow out the dust bunnies...listen to the Grateful Dead live at Winterland for inspiration.
Drink another beer...
Change a bunch of jumpers on the Mobo at random.
Leave **** scattered around on yer workbench and wander away.
Watch cartoons for another hour...
Come back and put it back together.
Holy ****! Now it works.