Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Ping Bill Noble

my first thought would be "why do you need GAST flushing solvent"?
presuming a good answer to that query, I would call my local GAST
distributor - start here http://www.gastmfg.com/productinfo.html and try the
"contact us" link

I have used good old rubbing alchohol once, it worked fine to get a bunch of
crud out of an otherwise OK pump, just set it up to recirculate the stuff by
having it exit into a coffee can to be sucked up again - this is NOT the
approved way in the user's manual mind you, but it seemed to work.

Going back to my first question though, what pump and why do you think you
need the magic fluid?

(and yes, it's easiest to reach me via email which is posted on my web site,
wbnoble.com - I don't use a real email address in newsgroup postings because
to do so just gathers spam like a fallen tree gathers wood turners with
chainsaws)

bill N

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
. ..
Where can I get Gast vacuum pump flushing solvent? I haven't had any luck
on the 'net.

Thanks in advance

Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

May your life be filled with experiences.