Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default shelves on plasterboard wall

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:27:51 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

I use the 5 x 52mm ones all the time. Agreed very strong fixing. The
setting tool is well worth £6.50 if you are using them regularly

Is there such a thing as a standard depth stud wall? Or is it a matter
of drilling a hole and measuring the depth of the drill bit? I don't
want to use a fitting that pushed out the other side! OTOH I don't
want to use one that is too small; I imagine you use the biggest one
possible, since it's arms will cover the largest area when collapsed
and provide the greatest support?