Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] man@privacy.net is offline

Default What would you do?

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 19:34:43 -0400, "Major D."
wrote:

:My neighbor came over to ask me, if I could be a little more quiet when I
:come home. Apparently, he doesn't like the sound of my vehicle coming up
:the drive, or the garage door opening and closing. I get home about 3 in
:the morning, I drive a car with a quiet muffler, and there's absolutely
:nothing wrong with my garage door!
:
:This coming from a guy with a stack of lawnmowers in his back yard, tarps
:all over the place, plywood laying around. Basically, he has a dump! I know
ne of the neighbors called the city on him.
:
:Besides holding myself back from punching this idiot in the face, I'm about
:to join the rest of the neighbors, in an effort to run this jerk out of
:town.
:
:What would you do?

Honestly, I wouldn't punch him out. In fact I wouldn't act angry with
him. I'd just tell him that "yeah, at 3:00 in the morning it's a good
idea to not make much noise" and that you will try to do that. You say
you already do that, so what skin is it off your ass to say that? He's
within his rights to ask you. You think he's being a jerk or showing the
crevices in his brain by asking you, and so be it. You won't solve
either of your problems by going off on the guy about this.