Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default 16 or 18 gauge nailer

On Apr 19, 1:33*am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
wrote:
I put several people on to the HF brad nailers as they were so cheap
that you could literally buy them, use them for a while then toss
them. *I bought about 5 or six of their larger 18 ga brad nailers
about three years ago and gave them out as Christmas gifts. *For
$9.95, you got the nailer, a tiny bottle of oil, 250 1 1/4 brads,
the
air fitting, some teflon tape (4 inches!) and a tiny bottle brush
which was liberated from each package to keep as a paint gun nozzle
brush.

Sooner or later, Teflon tape will come back to bite you in the rear
end.

When you thread a fitting with tape into a coupling, little bits of
tape get cut off, taken down stream where they will find an orifice
and plug it.

Then you're putting too much on and in the wrong place.

Ever notice that rolls of teflon tape disappear? Like pencils?