Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rear fold down ramp for trailer. (Is solid ok?)

In the local saw shop I saw a back ramp lift assist.

They were long pistons - as on hatch backs !

Nominal strength to lift them. Some are very heavy.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Apr 18, 8:39 am, stryped wrote:
Been looking at trailers on lots as others have suggested. Most that
have a fold down ramp made of angle iron and expanded metal.

Would there be any detriment to using diamod plate instead of expanded
metal on it? I am assuming there may be some sort of wind turbulance
pulling but am not sure.

If it was solid I could maybe but my 8N on the trailer if I ever
needed to which would be rare.

Don't make the ramp too heavy to lift. I would build the ramp for
normal loads and use planks for the tractor.