Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] darren.grimsley@gmail.com is offline

Default Looking for a little saw advice

Thanks for all of the excellent information everyone. I think I'm
going to go with a table and miter saw. For the miter saw would you
recommend just a regular one, or a compound or a sliding compound? I
don't know that I'll ever do any beveled cuts, but maybe.

Also, I'll need to raise the subfloor 1/4" so I was planning on using
sheets of 1/4" plywood and attaching it with screws, is this
advisable? If so, which kind of screws would be best? And will
either of these saws be able to handle big sheets like that, or will I
need something else?

Thanks again for all of the great responses thus far.

Darren