Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_4_] mac davis[_4_] is offline

Default OK......... WOW

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:56:08 -0400, (Arch) wrote:

A question for those who have used a shop version of the Beall system
then changed to the real thing. Was the Beall system distinctly better?
If so how much do you think was due to the progression of tripoli-white
diamond-carnauba compared to the progression of
linen-linen/flannel-flannel buffing wheels? I'm assuming the same
rpm.

A similar question for those who have made shop versions of the
Wolverine sharpening system and changed to the real thing.

I'm _not asking for opinions about other ways or systems for buffing or
sharpening or whether to buy or not buy the branded products.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Just a note on compounds, Arch...
We started with the little buffer from Penn State Ind. and it was pretty bad,
but the compounds that came with it were very inferior, especially the wax
stick..
Even on the 8" wheels from Beall, the PSI wax was cloudy and sticky compared to
the wax from beall..

If I was building my own system, I'd start with the 3 sticks from Beall... YMWV

mac

Please remove [dot]splinters before emailing