Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob M. Bob M. is offline

Default removing wallpaper

"Matt" wrote in message
I have removed a bunch of wall paper in my time, none of it easily. I
have tried the store purchased chemicals, steamers, scraping, etc. Its
just a messy job. I need to remove a border in the half bath. Looking
for reccomendations on getting the paper and glue off the wall. Are
there any home recipes you have had success with such as mild soap and
warm water? Any new or faithful products at the home center to ease
the job? Really hope this isnt going to turn into a full days job to
remove a border. Thanks.

Use something called "WP Chomp". Peel off the first "layer" of wallpaper as
much as you can, then use a brush or roller and apply that stuff. Wait a
minute or two, but don't let it dry. Peel off remaining paper while it's
still wet.