Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Looking for a little saw advice

Bob F wrote:
wrote in message
My wife and I are about to install a hardwood floor and we're looking
to purchase a saw for this project as well as future projects. This
would have been an easy decision until my father-in-law complicated
things by saying that I would never regret buying a radial arm saw.
So I've done a bit of research and I'm wondering if a radial arm saw
might be too much tool for me. I'm learning stuff as I go and I'm
not afraid to learn how to use it, but it sounds like radial arm saw
have to be adjusted often and Im not sure if that's something I'll
be able to do accurately. Any suggestions or opinions would be
great...FYI, I have other projects that will require miter cuts.

I've long wished that i had gotten a table saw rather than a radial
arm saw as my first big tool purchase. For the flooring, a miter saw
is a better bet.

You can't rip with a miter saw.