Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Leo Lichtman Leo Lichtman is offline

Default testing a vacuum pump

"william kossack" wrote: if it works, how much should I pay for it?

owner thinks he can rig a 220 for a test

Has the owner given an asking price? I have bought vacuum pumps anywhere
from $20 to $70.

I can tell you how I got 220 when I needed it, in a building that wsn't
wired for it. Generally, there will be 220 (240 really) coming to the
fusebox. It is split into two 120 circuits, that usually go to opposite
sides of the building. If you plug into both circuits you will have 240 v
between them. I ran a welder this way for several years (I know, it ain't
legal.)