Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher problem

On Apr 17, 9:41*am, "Jeff" wrote:
Is the hot water feed to the dishwasher copper all the way? For me the
dishwasher has a rubber hose that clamps onto the water pipe under the sink.
It would be quite easy to disconnect the hose and tell for certain if water
was flowing through the copper pipe or not.

"KD" wrote in message

On Apr 15, 9:51 am, KD wrote:

On Apr 14, 11:06 pm, Red Green wrote:

KD wrote
:

Oh, sorry, didn't read that right.

Handyman guy was just here, took a quick look and has deemed it
coincidental that thedishwasherfailed at the same time of the faucet
replacement. I'm not sure what to think of that, seems VERY
coincidental Anyhow, thedishwasheris still under warranty and I have
fortunately found the receipt. Whirlpool technician is coming on
Thursday.

KD
and has deemed it coincidental that thedishwasherfailed at the
same time of the faucet replacement.

LOL! Is it ever any other way?!

thedishwasheris still under warranty and I have
fortunately found the receipt. Whirlpool technician is coming on
Thursday.

Oh this outta be good. Both will be pointing the finger at each other.

KD, be sure to follow up on this after the Whirlpool tech comes by.

*sigh* Yes, pointing their fingers at each other is what I'm afraid
of, because if no one will take responsibility, only one party will be
on the hook to pay - and it won't be either one of them. - Hide quoted
text -

OK, Whirlpool guy just left. He says it's a water supply problem! My
response to that is *duh* - I know that there's no water. But he tried
replacing a valve in the dishwasher but that did not fix the problem,
tech says there's nothing wrong with the dishwasher.

It's unbelievable how a tech can have such poor diagnostic skills..
With a reported problem like this, after checking the obvious, like
supply valve under the sink open, float in dishwasher not stuck, I'd
disconnect the water supply line at the dishwasher and see if water
will flow into a pan. If it didn't, I'd show it to the customer
demonstrating that it's not the dishwasher that's the problem. Why
the moron would waste time changing the dishwasher water valve is
beyond me.

My husband is the one that's home looking after this. Next step is to
call the handyman back, see what (if anything) he can do about the
apparent plumbing issue!

Some other details:

When handyman was putting in the new faucet, he could not get the hot
water valve to turn off the water all the way. I did not want to take
the time and money to repair that at this time, so I told him to just
turn off the water main to do the work, which we did.

Since having this problem, handyman says that the work he did couldn’t
be the problem, as the dishwasher hot water tap is below the water
turnoff for the sink, which in theory means that the dishwasher gets
water supply first. The sink still does produce hot water.

Handyman also says in feeling the copper pipe on the other side of the
dishwasher supply valve, it’s hot, so water is still going into it. I
don’t think it’s THAT hot, maybe the valve could be toast?

I was SO wanting to get my dishwasher on the go again today! *whine*

KD- Hide quoted text -