Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Guest Guest is offline

Default mits hs-u790 vcr remote question

"Bruce Esquibel" wrote in message ...
Guest wrote:

Make sure the VCR is plugged in, but turned off.

Find the record speed (SP/EP) button. It may be on the front
panel or hiding behind a small door. Press and hold this button
while you press REW on the VCR (if yours has a jog dial, turn
it counterclockwise).

Thanks for the info but this seems to be the reason he called me asking for
clues, the U790 appears to be one of the few machines Mits made that does
not have a sp/ep button on it.

When I called him back and read your post to him over the phone, he said he
was aware of the sp/ep + rew or ff sequence because another deck of his
(beleive it's a U795) works exactly like that.

On the U790, that button is replaced with a volume sound level pot for
recording.

But you still get credit for leading to the answer, after I read the part
about the display lighting up an A or B when changed, he sort of went silent
and said he'd call back in ten minutes.

Turns out when he was doing his trial-and-error prior to calling me the
first time, he did run across something that he thought was a display test
mode because "something lit up" but continued on playing with buttons.

Anyway, long story short, on the U790 the OTR (one touch record) and the jog
wheel to rew or ff changes the remote listening from a to b. So he's all
happy now.

thanks,

-bruce

You're welcome, and thanks for posting this info for the U790.
Hopefully one for Google's usenet archive.