Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hay Scale? (It's made of metal!)

Joe fired this volley in
:

When the counterweight is set to 0, the scale still acts as though
there needs to be more weight attached to the "load" hook. I guess
there was some sort of device added, but I dont know what (if it truly
was a hay scale, I doubt that there would be a pan). The needed extra
weight seems to be on the order of 5 - 10 lbs.

It might require a chain-hung pan. It could have been a merchant's scale
for weighing things like nails.

Pictures? Weight range without counterweights?

LLoyd