Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] pheeh.zero@gmail.com is offline

Default Beware Allstate

On Apr 16, 9:04 am, Frank wrote:
Beware Allstate. My house was built in 1993 and met all building
codes at that time. Now I have wind damage and they will not cover
damage because the roof is not up to current code. We are simply
talking about the nailing strip on a single and its relationship with
the glue strip. I've had several roofers tell me that this is the way
roofs were put on at the time and the code has changed since. If this
is allowed then I'm not sure it pays to have insurance. I'm putting on
a new roof out of my pocket and leaving Allstate and will never return.

40 yrs ago, when Sears owned Allstate a wife I had at the
time...settled claims over the phone for them.
If a department paid out a lower amount than the rest for the
month...they were taken out to dinner.
Customer satisfaction wasn't at the top of their list at the time.