Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Beware Allstate

"Frank" wrote in message
Beware Allstate. My house was built in 1993 and met all building
codes at that time. Now I have wind damage and they will not
cover
damage because the roof is not up to current code. We are simply
talking about the nailing strip on a single and its relationship
with
the glue strip. I've had several roofers tell me that this is the
way
roofs were put on at the time and the code has changed since. If
this
is allowed then I'm not sure it pays to have insurance. I'm
putting on
a new roof out of my pocket and leaving Allstate and will never
return.

Allstate ads say they give you two good hands.

It sounds like you got one finger.

Bob-tx