Posted to rec.woodworking
Smaug Ichorfang Smaug Ichorfang is offline

Default How to handle telemarketers

"alan holmes" wrote in
:

"Brent Beal" wrote in message
How to handle telemarketers

If it's a woman, I let her ramble on for a few minutes, then I say,
'can I ask a question' the reply is always 'yes', so I ask 'what
colour knickers have you got on?' this usually results in an immediate
switch off!

This is similar to what my friend Butch does - use thelemarketer's calls as
an excuse for what he calls "innuendo phone sex" - never coming out and
using explicit words, only euphamisms and double-entendre. I wish I had
recordings, the results are amusing to say the least.