Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

Default Metalworking question - Did I get screwed?

Al Patrick wrote in article
cMednca48afGZJjVnZ2dnUVZ_ommnZ2d@telpage...
* wrote:
I recently found a milling attachment for my Atlas lathe in a used tool
emporium.

It was missing the two square-head bolts that hold things in the vise.

I paid $25.00 US (Twenty-five dollars) for the tool.

Did I get screwed?

(Now removing tongue from cheek.)

If you can't see $25 PLUS two bolts in the attachment send it on to me
and I'll return your $25 PLUS shipping! ;-)

Seriously, how much trouble is it to get two replacement bolts? Surely
someone will stock them. You may need to know the diameter, length,
thread type, etc. Then I'd bet you can get them from McMaster Carr.
http://www.mcmaster.com/

Al

I have a source for the screws - 3/8" USS x 3-1/2" square head.