Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default "ruts" and "nubbins" in concave turning

On Apr 16, 9:47 pm, "Darrell Feltmate"
wrote:

SNIP of great advice

To get rid of that nubbin in the center, I like a scraper, either flat or
slightly curved. If the wood tears easily sandpaper works great. No shame
here.

Darrell, to make sure you don't even have a moment of self doubt when
sanding, please use the more common name I am trying to get into the
turning language: "The 80g finishing gouge". The "g" is actually
spoken to keep from having any confusion with other tools, and it
should be noted that the "g" style gouge comes in different sizes as
well, like the 100g and the 120g gouges.

;^)

Robert