Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
JD[_2_] JD[_2_] is offline

Default OK......... WOW

For my birthday this past weekend, my wife told me to get what I wanted
within reason (meaning if I washed the dishes a couple of extra times I
could spend around $100). So I ordered the Beall Buffing System as
recommended by many on here.

After taking apart the old bandsaw in the corner, I found I had a 1/2 hp
motor that turned 1725 (seems to be what was recommended). I assembled all
the parts together, put the buffs on and WOW. Quick, painless, and perfect.
Finally a finish that I don't mind putting on.

I'm learning with each piece I buff (learning more about my failures in
sanding than I care to share) and now the plan is to get some bowl buffs to
go with my collection. FYI, anyone considering getting this buffing system,
don't hesitate. I can tell I'm really going to be pleased with it.

The only problem I've run into thus far is after the first couple of bowls I
looked like I was the lint catcher in my wife's dryer. Man do those buffs
throw off a lot of fluff. That seemed to be going away by the time I got to
the last few bowls I had prepared for buffing.

Anyway, thought I'd share and say thanks to those who helped me to make the
decision. Money well spent.

JD
--
He that will make a good use of any part
of his life must allow a large portion of it