Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] crispin.proctor@gmail.com is offline

Default Which kind of deck treatment.

Hi Folks,

As summer is approching (Hopefully it will fall over a weekend this
year in the UK) it is time to treat my deck.

We have just moved into the house (November) and the deck was a mess.
Black slimy mold covered it all. After much cleaning with deck cleaner
and a pressure washer, it is now clean.
However, the wood is now raw.

I am in a quandary as which product to use. There are three on the
shelves: Deck Treatment, Deck Stain and Deck Oil.

I am not interested in the stain.

My first reaction is to use oil. No real reason though. is this a wise
choice?
Only drawback I can see is the cost and the drying time. 1-2 days.

How about the "Treatment" What is it and why is it better / worse.
It dries in 1-2 hours.

Any advice would be welcome....

TIA.
Regards,