Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike WB2MEP Mike WB2MEP is offline

Default This is ridiculous....

On Apr 15, 10:49*pm, "James Sweet" wrote:
You may as well preach that to a pile of rocks, I doubt many people who are
still using google groups are ever gonna figure it out.- Hide quoted text -

If any of you know of a way other than Google Groups to access usenet
that doesn't require
NNTP access I'm all ears... I got an account at Motzarella.org, a free
news server mentioned
in an earlier thread, and have not been able to access their server.
I spent two evenings
going back and forth with their tech support guy, who was very
helpful, gave me alternate
ports to try, direct IP addresses to try via Telnet, pinging their
servers, nothing worked -
"Cannot Access Server". "Details" showed a Code of 800ccc0e in every
case. (using OE)
Finally gave up figuring the ports were being blocked by the firewall
on my end.
Tried Giganews tonight. Did'nt sign up for an account, but configured
OE to access their
server. I figured I should get a Login Failed if I tried to log in
without an account there,
but got the same Cannot Access Server error in OE. At this point I
wouldn't mind a
paid account, the rates are pretty reasonable, but I don't want to pay
for an account and
be unable to access their server. Any ideas?

Mike WB2MEP