Jim Mc Namara

Default 12 1/2 planer doesn't like 12 inch wide boards much

"Keith Carlson" wrote in message:
Couple of quick reply-replies:
Yep, was using an extension cord. Only way around that for me is to

install
a drop-down outlet from the ceiling of my garage. Cord is 12ga, I believe.
Also, the electrical service in this house is not great. 100amp service,

and
previous owners have added circuits... who knows how many outlets on a
circuit. I do know the garage shares a circuit with half the basement. I
have no 20amp outlets in the garage.

Keith - you're gonna lose a lot by using an extension cord. When you drop
your amps, that thing is gonna bog down. I had to use an extension cord as
well in my shop. However - I bought some heavily insulated 10 ga. wire and
made a 4 plex box. I was having the same problem with my DW - it was the
power source. I was also afraid I was going to burn up the motor (which is
common for air compressors!) I think that with everything you've read and
correcting as much as possible - you'll do great with it.

Best of luck,

Jummy