Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Technical aspects of drill bit sharpening

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:04:22 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
. ..

My uncle taught me to sharpen drills 30 some years ago, he could grind a
drill that would drill an UNDERSIZE hole...I never mastered that.

That must have been those special drills that deposit metal on the inside
of
the hole. They're very rare, and they're collector's items today. d8-)

I can grind a drillbit to drill an undersize hole. Not a prob.
I just can't grind one to drill the perfect oversize hole.

Well, when you grind a drill bit on its circumference, you can make some
really small holes. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress