Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default shelves on plasterboard wall

On 13 Apr 2008 20:39:48 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

When that happened to me, I copied all my CDs onto my fileserver,
and freed up lots of shelf space. I also find that I'm playing
them more now that I don't have to fiddle with the cases and load
them into a player.

I have heard of people doing this and it sounds good in theory but how
does it work in practice? I understand you copy the cds to a hard
drive but how do you choose the cd and track from the hdd later? It's
easy enough if you are at your desk and can use a mouse to click a
menu but isn't the idea with these that you get the disc menu on your
tv? How do you select from the tv? Surely you need some sort of remote
control that interfaces with your pc; does such a thing exist?