Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Laminate Flooring - Which type?

Liam wrote:
snip

I would be interested in why people laminate flooring is so hated? I
have heard that laminate flooring is getting much better.

Perfectly reasonable question. My first answer is noise. With laminate
(or other hard surface) the reflected noise can easily become
unbearable. I feel that old-style (thick) wooden flooring (e.g.
Victorian or earlier floor boards) is better. And carpet (of any sort)
better still. Together with the odd noises that can come from
poorly-laid laminate - you have sufficient reason.

I accept, however, that it can be very effective in appropriate places.
--
Rod

onset.