Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT Diesel engines

clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada wrote in message
news
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 14:30:48 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada wrote in message
. ..

And octane has NOTHING to do with autoignition stage one (which is
lighting the fuel in a CI engine.Otherwise deisel fuel would also have
an octane rating, like gasoline has a cetane rating.
It is only related to stage 2( if I understand the stages correctly)
autoignition in a spark ignition or homogenous mixture engine where
SOME of the fuel autoignites in an explosive manner (detonates)

ANd a HCCI engine is TECHNICALLY not a diesel cycle engine.

I think we're getting off into things that we can't sensibly discuss without
easy access to the full research documentation, Clare. This is about as far
as I care to go with it, given the information I can access. Maybe someone
else will want to pick it up.

--
Ed Huntress