Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada is offline

Default OT Diesel engines

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 14:48:27 -0400, Pete Snell wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Pete Snell" wrote in message

Just to slightly sidetrack things, have you seen this Ed?

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/honda/honda-exp2-14293.html

Yeah, they had one of these on display at my local Honda Powerhouse bike
shop, and the owner spent some time showing it to me. Very interesting.

You've seen it in person? I'm envious........

Here's a good article on fuels and detonation (gasoline based).

http://www.motorcycle.com/how-to/wrenching-with-robchemical-soup-the-mystery-of-detonation-3420.html

Pete

Thank you Pete. This guy agrees with my explanation of detonation
being caused by the dissassociation of hydrocarbons and production of
free radicals in the cyl.

Ed, what say you?
Is this guy out in left field, or do you agree ?