Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher problem

On Apr 14, 7:42�am, KD wrote:
OK, so I had a handyman at my place the other day to install my new
kitchen faucet, among other things.

Works �great, looks great (aside from the fact that now my sink looks
like crap next to the shiny new faucet). I went out, my husband
decided to start the dishwasher.

I came home maybe 15 minutes after he started it, and it sounded funny
to me. I opened it, and there was no water in it. I've tried a few
times since then, and the darned thing won't fill.

I suspect that it ran a bit with the water shutoff under the sink in
the closed position. But if it's open now, it should work right?
Unless a) running it while water was shut off did something terrible
to the dishwasher we just bought in January, or b) running it while
water was shut off caused an airlock of some kind in the line which
simply needs to be cleared.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

KD

shouldnt of caused damage, try powering it off, pull plug or reset
breaker or fuse.

new dishwashers are computer controlled and this one might need
rebooted