Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Kitchen floor

"Rod" wrote in message
John wrote:
snip
I can't believe that you don't have removable plinths - clipped to the
legs. Can you confirm?

I was assuming that he does have removable plinths! But, having removed
the laminate exactly up to the plinth, there will be a "thickness of
laminate" jump to the bottom of the plinth. Or, if removed further under
the units, the plinths will drop down by the thickness of laminate.

Even the idea of using a circular saw seems crazy if you do not have
removable plinths.

--
Rod

onset.

Usually a small gap at the top of the plinth is not visible. At the worse a
plinth can easily be replaced. I would never do any flooring up to a plinth
as it causes problems if you later change the units. It also saves on
cutting the flooring accurately.