Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sparks Sparks is offline

Default water pump to increase water pressure

"Mark BR" wrote in message
"Sparks" wrote in message

You could install a flow switch between the pressure vessel and the
rest of the plumbing, wired so when it detects flow, it turns the
pump on (So in parallel with the current pressure switch).

This way, the pump will always run when you are running water, and
only turn off when the pressure has reached the setting of the
pressure switch and there is no water flowing out of the pressure
vessel. I have this setup with my irrigation system setup, it seems to
work
well for me!

I had considered a flow switch but could only find information on little
laboratory systems - we have 1.25" PVC pipework. It would be easy to fit
if I can find one! I'll have to go to the shops on Wednesday - a 3 day
holiday out here for the new year!

Crikey, that's HUGE! we use that sort of pipe for the waste out of the
bath!!

Why is it so big - is it supplying a lot of people/apartments?