Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Kitchen floor

MartinB wrote:
I'm wishing to take up the laminate flooring in my kitchen the only
problem is that it runs under the kitchen units. Which I don't want to
remove. How can I cut round the edge of them. Will an angle grinder be
able to cut around them or would I be better with a circular saw set
at its shallowist setting.

But at best you will have the thickness of the laminate under the
plinths. How are you intending to finish the floor? That might be
significant. So might why you are doing this at all?

I doubt a circular saw would fit in the space between the bottom of the
unit and the floor - certainly not mine (units or saw).

Angle grinder might fit (smaller ones) but you could make a lot of mess
doing it - some of which might damage the surfaces of your units. Or
gouge whatever is under the laminate.

Someone will probably be along soon to recommend the Fein Multimaster
(or similar) - but as I do not have experience, I shall let them
describe and explain.

--
Rod

onset.