Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Technical aspects of drill bit sharpening

On 2008-04-14, Karl Townsend wrote:
If I understand correctly, you're thinking of the drill cutting relief
angle. My Darex M5 can set this. It cost me $160 at an auction. I haven't
watched but they may bring slightly more on eBay.

I think that he's talking about a "dubbed" drill bit -- near
zero rake -- good for drilling in materials like brass and some
plastics. And this is normally done by hand after sharpening the bit in
the normal manner.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564