Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Circular saw problem

David wrote:
I was using the circular saw yesterday when smoke and a burning smell
came from the motor, so stopped immediately. Didn't think I was
overtaxing it at the time - just cutting some chipboard.

Today, it still runs but the motor sounds raggy and the burning smell is
still there.

Sounds like you have lost a winding...

What's likely happened and is it for the skip? It's a B&D so I guess
spares/repair is possible although maybe not economical.

Replacement armatures can sometimes be not too expensive - you might
find it costs something like £25 - £30 if you can get one.

Have a look and see if yours is in this list:

http://www.toolshopdirect.co.uk/spar...c1/110/c2/1631

--
Cheers,

John.