Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Walker Steve Walker is offline

Default Laminate Floor Access

John wrote:

What about using one of those remote switch operated stop cocks?

http://www.surestop.co.uk/powered-by-water.asp

Any views on these? My stop tap is behind my washing machine so it
appeals to me.

We've had one for about 2-3 yrs, because existing stopcock was a hideously
stiff brass thing in an impossible location. The remote switch was
connected a few feet after the original cock, with the switch in an nearby
alcove (out of sight but easy to reach).

Installation was easy, it's been reliable and it works. I'll bet it won't
last 100 years like traditional metal fittings, though.